We know that the end result defines us – so as a team, we stand for excellence in each and every job we take on. If you’re looking to tackle a new career challenge, we might be looking for you.
View our current job openings and apply to join in on the work we've been doing to serve Southern Nevada for over 25 years.
Cooling Tower Technician – Commercial HVAC – Las Vegas
Mechanical Products Nevada is the largest independent HVAC and Plumbing Equipment and Solutions provider in Nevada. Our company recently celebrated its 25-year anniversary and has grown to approximately 50 employees serving the vibrant Las Vegas market. We represent over 30 manufacturers, offering innovative systems with a flexibility of equipment and solutions to best match each application. We work with industry professionals and end users from the conceptual stage of projects to provide energy efficient, value‐added solutions to their complex problems.
Our overall mission is simple: we want to create value and make a difference every day in our journey to be the best HVAC sales and service organization in North America. We believe we can succeed in that mission by being the BEST provider for our clients, the BEST partner for manufacturers, the BEST company for our employees, and the BEST investment for our current and future shareholders.
We are seeking an experienced Cooling Tower Technician. This position will be responsible for performing cooling tower inspections and maintenance. An ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and work well with others. Position requires a high level of correspondence with Project Managers, Service Coordinators and customers.
· Complete cooling tower refurbishments
· Replace mechanical components
· Replace old fill media with new PVC fill media
· Work with stainless steel and galvanized steel
· Build and install PVC sweeper systems for tower basins
· Patch and repair holes and leaks
· Grind rust and scale from tower basin and panels as job dictates
· Prepare and apply coating to rusted areas to prevent further corrosion
· Clean pump suction strainers inside towers
· Clean tower basins and around tower areas
· Clean tower hot water decks or spray nozzles as necessary
· Change or adjust float valves.
· Clean tower fill media and drift eliminators
· Install and adjust tower fan belts and motors
· Check for water leaks in towers
· Tighten bolts if seams leak
· Remove debris in tower area
· Isolate cooling towers for maintenance or repairs
· Check for VFD alarms, leaks, or other issues
· Notify central plant technicians if problems are discovered
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Works with limited supervision.
· Knowledge of the principles of occupational safety and health practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of basic principles of the use and care of hand and power tools.
· Skill in working around and operating hand and power tools and equipment.
· Skill in performing routine skilled maintenance and repair.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers and customers
· Skill in operating a company computer utilizing excel and internet explorer
High School Diploma or GED, valid driver's license, one (1) year of relevant construction, facilities maintenance, repair or closely related experience.
Additional Skills & Abilities
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Mental stamina for problem solving and prioritizing multiple tasks.
Will be required to work in a field environment, multiple customer sites on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is continually required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.