We know that the end result defines us – so as a team, we stand for excellence in each and every job we take on. If you’re looking to tackle a new career challenge, we might be looking for you.
View our current job openings and apply to join in on the work we've been doing to serve Southern Nevada for over 25 years.
Senior Service Technician – Commercial HVAC
Mechanical Products Nevada is the largest independent HVAC and Plumbing Equipment and Solutions provider in Nevada. Our company recently celebrated its 25-year anniversary and has grown to approximately 50 employees serving the vibrant Las Vegas and Reno markets. We represent over 30 manufacturers, offering innovative systems with a flexibility of equipment and solutions to best match each application. We work with industry professionals and end users from the conceptual stage of projects to provide energy efficient, value‐added solutions to their complex problems.
Our overall mission is simple: we want to create value and make a difference every day in our journey to be the best HVAC sales and service organization in North America. We believe we can succeed in that mission by being the BEST provider for our clients, the BEST partner for manufacturers, the BEST company for our employees, and the BEST investment for our current and future shareholders.
We are seeking an experienced Commercial HVAC Senior Service Technician for the Reno market. This position requires an advanced skill level with performing electrical and mechanical inspections, start-up maintenance on the equipment we sell, repairs, and service contract maintenance. This is a full-time opportunity for an energetic go-getter. An ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and work well with others. Position requires a high level of correspondence with Sales Engineers, Project Engineers, Service Coordinators, Field Supervisor and customers.
· Performs electrical and mechanical inspection and maintenance on equipment to ensure peak performance
· Perform specific preventative maintenance including belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment
· Uses experience and technical skills with preventive maintenance and system operations to determine service requirements
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location and operation of the system(s)
· Represents the company in a positive manner to other trades, contractors and owners
· Advises owner/representative of preventive maintenance inspections performed and corrective actions to be taken
· Suggest additional services that are beneficial to customer
· Works in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction
· Submits required paperwork to Service Coordinator in a timely manner
· Must work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are taken at all times
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Flexibility to work overtime/ weekends, or out of town as required
· Ability to work independently
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record
· Must have current HVAC certification and OSHA 10 Training plus 5-15 years’ experience working as a Service Technician in a commercial environment
· Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, Microsoft Windows tablet)
· Advanced skill level performing Electrical inspections, startups, repairs and service contract maintenance
· Experienced with multiple manufacturer software systems (i.e. ABB, Wattmaster, LG, AAON and Lochinvar)
· Ability to work in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, risk of electrical shock (high voltage), climbing/working at elevated heights, etc.
· Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and balance requirements of multiple and varied duties
Additional Skills & Abilities
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Mental stamina for problem solving and prioritizing multiple tasks.
Will be required to work in a field environment, multiple customer sites on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is continually required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.